Legal Help: Getting Hurt on the Street

Landlord Not Responsive? How To Use Your Right To ‘Repair And Deduct’

Nearly all states protect the renter's right to a livable home. And if your landlord refuses to provide a livable space in exchange for your rent, many tenants have the right to make certain remedies. One of these is known as the right to repair and deduct. This means you can make the necessary repairs and deduct them from your monthly rent payment without legal reprisal from the landlord. But to avail yourself of this right, you must also follow its rules. Read More 

About Me

Legal Help: Getting Hurt on the Street

I never gave a lot of thought to needing a lawyer until I was injured while walking down a sidewalk. The accident happened when a biker decided to use the sidewalk instead of the street, and plowed into me as he turned a corner. What followed was a lesson in what is involved with pedestrian accidents. I found a traffic attorney who took my case, and she was able to obtain a settlement that covered the legal fees and my medical bills. If you have been injured through the negligence of another party, you do need legal representation. Keep reading and I'll share how I found the right lawyer and what we did to ensure that my rights were fully protected in a court of law.